If people have the same morals they would respect each other
Emma and Mariana were looking on YouTube for videos about respect, while Aleksi and Paulius were looking on another computer. Mariana and Emma saw that when they typed respect the second video that came up was an X-Factor audition. Then we watched and though it had nothing to do with respect. As we were watching the video, Emma realized she knew a good video we could use. As I watched the video I did not understand but Emma explained to me why she believed it had to do with respect. After when Mariana understood, we decided to show Paulius and Aleksi. They said that they also did not understand the video so then Emma and Mariana explained it to them to. Mariana and Emma also thought it had to do with agreement because the two girls kept fighting because they could not agree on anything for example the song. Aleksi and Paulius insisted that it related more to respect . We had a big argument which one it fit into better if it was agreement or respect. After a while Mariana joined Paulius and Aleksi's side and Emma started explaining why she though agreement was better. Lastly, Mariana explained Emma why it related more to respect and Emma agreed.
We think this relates to respect because this is a perfect example of how people can get so angry with each other that they can not control their anger and end up hitting each other. If we relate this to morality then we believe these situations can be avoided because people would believe the same thing, have the same morals therefore believe the same manners. To create a peaceful place there should be no verbal or physical violence. If people have such a bad attitude towards one another and the other person feel hurt of their abuse then they will have to be disrespectful. This relates t our argument because these girl obviously agree with each others actions or even decisions. As one of the judges said "can you guys agree on that?" it shows that there was conflict before hand. If these girls could have come to an agreement then they would not be so disrespect full to each other. In addition the audience also thought they were disrespectful and from then on there was a gap created between the two girls and the audience, which is against what we believe part of peace is equality.
For this one, I first didn't get how could this relate respect since here people weren't being respectful. But then finally I understood why and then helped the analysis with a couple of ideas.
ReplyDeleteFor this one Emma and I found the video.
ReplyDeleteI already had seen this video, and found it really disrespectfull. Since our argument includes respecting other people, I thougt that this would be good for out argument and showed it to my group.
ReplyDeleteFor the analyzing, I shared my thoughts with my group and said what I thought about it, since I had already seen it.
By watching this video, at the end I found how harsh the actions are physically and verbally in the video. So I came up with some ideas, that lead to the discussion.
ReplyDelete