Friday, May 17, 2013

Argument 3 -Equality

If everyone had the same morals, everyone would feel equal.

To find this image, Emma and Mariana were looking on one computer and Paulius and Aleksi looked on the other. We Diigoed all the images and then looked for all the possibilities. We then discussed each image we found and broke it down to our top 3. From there we re discussed each image and looked at both pros and cons. Out of the three we discussed which of them we should eliminate. We had two photos one was this one and the other said that your morals are how you grow up. We could not decide which of these photos would be better because this talks more about feeling equal. This photo shows the exactly opposite. Due to the fact that the photos was exactly the opposite of our  point we had a debate whether this photo would work or not. We thought it might not work because it talked about money and we did not think it had anything to do with morality. Another thing we found interesting is that the guy who was moral was way less on this scale. If he had morals we thought he should be higher and the other guy should be low. 
In this photo, we first talked about that these two people are not equal to each other. First, one has a lot of money because he doesn't follow morals. Emma thought that this could also mean that he just worked a lot, so he just might have a lot of money, but then Mariana and Aleksi explained that then he would also be at the bottom because he would follow his morals. We saw that this picture showed that it's better to be a little poorer and have morals than be very rich and don't have any morals at all. This photo shows the difference between having financially stable and having good morals. Metaphorically, it shows that person with good morals is internally better but externally not appreciated. And the person with financial stability loses the internal "fight" but wins the most honor.










3 comments:

  1. First I didn't completly agree with this pictre because I thought that he could just worked a lot. I asked my group to explain why they though that this picture did relate to our definition. After that, I agreed and talked with my team about the explaination to the picture. I also said what I thought about the picture so the others might see something in it which they didn't see before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this I helped explain it since our group didn't really get what I wanted to say. Still after a while they all understood and then we continued to writing it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For this image I was responsible for analysing and explaining the metaphor of this image and came up with a pretty good idea.

    ReplyDelete